St. Julia Parish, Weston, MA
The new parish center was constructed adjacent to the existing field stone church that was built in 1920, and was designed to mirror the external design features of the church.
- It was necessary for DeIulis Brothers to seek out and obtain the stone for the project from several different sources
- DeIulis Brothers utilized the skill and expertise of its own masons to masterfully blend the varied mix of stone together to achieve a cohesive match with the existing church
- The extensive and detailed interior wood finishes were installed by DeIulis’ own carpenters
- DeIulis Brothers also self-performed the extensive site work, which included the installation of site utilities, drainage, stone retaining walls, curbing and the construction of a new and expanded parking lot
17,100 square feet of new masonry bearing, steel and wood frame construction with stone veneer for use as parish center and religious education classrooms
- Contract Value: $3.1M
- Completion Date: December, 2001
- Owner: Archdiocese of Boston
- Architect: Dion & Sokol, Inc.