Carlton Elementary School, Salem, Massachusetts
Situated on a narrow side street off of Bridge Street (Route 1A), in a densely populated residential neighborhood, this project is notable for the following:
- Extremely restricted site with limited access and mobility adjacent to active commuter rail line
- Demolition of existing school building, including interior abatement prior to demolition
- Site remediation, including removal of contaminated soils
- Extensive site preparation and site improvements
- 51,000 square feet of new load bearing masonry construction with extensive masonry details
- Combined marine and environmental theme, featuring a laboratory and greenhouse and including a solar energy source
- DeIulis Brothers carried out all of the site, concrete, masonry and finish carpentry work on the project using its own crews and equipment.
More Carlton Elementary School Images
51,000 square feet of new load bearing masonry construction
- Contract Value: $8.4M
- Completion Date: June, 2004
- Owner: City of Salem
- Architect: Flansburgh Associates, Inc.