Thompson House at Riverbank Center, Danvers, Massachusetts
DeIulis Brothers provided pre-construction budgeting and scheduling for this project, which led to a negotiated construction contract. This special purpose housing project was notable for the following
- HUD funding source required firm construction number in advance of construction and did not allow for deviations in cost after the execution of the contract for construction
- 6 units fully accessible for residents in wheelchairs
- State of the art communications systems specifically designed and installed for deaf and blind users
- DeIulis Brothers self performed the extensive site work as well as the roadway realignment work to the state road in front of the project site, which also included new traffic signalization.
More Thompson House Images
New construction of 24 units of housing for the deaf and blind in a two-story wood-framed building totaling 21,000 square feet and including extensive site and traffic control work
- Contract Value: $2.4M
- Completion Date: January, 1997
- Owner: New England Home For The Deaf
- Architect: SBA/Steffian Bradley Associates, Inc.